Yunnan Akha Pu'Er White Tea (Old Tree)
FREE Delivery when you purchase above $100!
White tea is made from the Camellia sinensis plant.
Its leaves and buds are picked just before they are fully open when covered in fine white hairs. This is where white tea gets its name.
Green tea and black tea are also made from the Camellia sinensis plant. However, different processing methods give them unique flavours and aromas.
White tea is the least processed of the three teas. Because of this, it retains a high amount of antioxidants.
This is why studies have linked white tea with many health benefits. For example, it may help reduce the risk of heart disease, combat skin ageing and even help with weight loss.
Yunnan Akha White Tea Series
Old Tree White Tea originates from Huazhuliangzi Mountain, Meng Song Township, Menghai County, Yunnan Province. The tea trees are nearly 200 years, growing at 2,000 meters above sea level. Yunnan's unique geographical environment, abundant sunshine and rainfall, and balanced climate make Old Tree White Tea retain more amino acids and natural antioxidants.
Old Tree White Tea is made from large tea leaves. This gives the tea a sweet taste and contains more tea polyphenols for better health benefits.
Enjoy the lasting and sweet taste of Old Tree White Tea any time of the day.
- Pour 100° boiling water to warm up the cup and discard.
- Add the tea leaves, add fresh 100° boiling water into the cup and infuse for 20-25 seconds. Discard water. Repeat this step.
- Add fresh 100° boiling water into the cup and infuse for another 35-40 seconds.
- Filter tea leaves and enjoys the tea.
- Add fresh boiling water as many times as you like, infuse, and enjoy the tea.
Light and fragrant. A great end to a meal and aids digestion Accompanies mooncakes really well.