Vermicompost is known to many farmers for the nourishment of soil to help plants photosynthesise and develop bountiful results.
Here are some tips on the applications of vermicompost:
- How much vermicompost should I add?
Jenesis vermicompost is 100% organic with no soil added. It is recommended to apply about 20-30 grams (1 Tablespoon) on a small pot of plants or 300 grams on per square metre pot.
- Loosen the soil of your plant by using the planting tool such as a spade or a shovel until you can see some of the roots (do not damage too much of the plant roots when you are digging the top soil to avoid "plant-shock").
- Mix some amount of soil with the vermicompost and apply around the roots of the plants. (Avoid adding it too near to the leaves)
- Water the soil sufficiently for the first round after applying the vermicompost to let the fertiliser seep down.
- How often should I apply the vermicompost to my plants?
Use your observation, the vermicompost should assist plant growth. You can apply weekly as desired to aid the growth.